ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re: toggle SINGLE track height (or individual track height preset)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Loanne Do
Re: toggle SINGLE track height (or individual track height preset)
on May 27, 2018 at 3:48:32 pm

I had the same issue too and finally solved this problem on Premiere CS6 as of May 2018.
Example on Timeline:
- If you go over to where the "Audio 1" text is listed in the left area of the time line you will see a tiny ARROW pointing right. Click on it so that it points down (to reveal the waveform)
- Only when the arrow is pointing down (revealing the wave form) will the timeline allow you to select track height with the following two options:
> Select the the line (dividing "Audio 1" and "Audio 2" to move it up and down to adjust track height
> Or you can set a keyboard shortcut by going to top Menu "Premiere Pro">"Keyboard Shortcuts"> then type "track height" in search field. You will see the option to Decrease or Increase Audio Track height. Select either and click the "Edit" button then on your keyboard type the shortcut you want.

I realize that it is impossible to edit a project without being able to edit or see waveforms because editing is about IMAGE and SOUND. It would make no sense for any editing program to suppress audio controls.

I watched Youtube videos on this and the obvious was stated with using select tool and shortcuts yet this did not work with CS6; in addition the so-called experts also was not able to control all the track heights (only some) and this is not true. I also had read some lengthy articles that suggest rendering video/audio effects etc that was way too complicated to perform this basic editing function. Ignore all that and just look for those tiny arrows!

Happy Editing!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]