Re: NX5u dropping 4 frames of audio after 30 minutes

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john lenihan
Re: NX5u dropping 4 frames of audio after 30 minutes
on Feb 27, 2011 at 3:22:16 am

I have seen this too.

I had seen it last July, then documented it fully to Sony tech Support in August.

From September through November they were in contact with me, and succeeded in duplicating the issue. Then they went silent.
So I started hounding Sony Vegas software folks, who investigated and said it was a camera issue.

Since no firmware updates have occurred, I suggest pestering them. I will start again. The following are the specific characteristics so that you can know where the pot holes are at:

1. If you record in HD, you get about 12 minutes per file. The camera closes the file and starts a new one. Unfortunately it drops x amount of frames closing and opening the new file. It drops the video and the audio. If you are syncing two cameras video, it will drive you nuts. If you are syncing a camera's audio and an independent audio, it will drive you nuts.

2. More details. MOST of the time it seems to drop two frames every 12 minutes. Thus 30 minutes it would drop 4 frames.

3. If you have a 3 hour dance recital with some audio on the camera and some recorded separately, you have to resync every 12 minutes.

4. It is terrible, but the worst is yet to come. I have been shooting a lot of multicam. And about 5 % of the time, it is only 1 frame dropped. about 1 % of the time it has been 4 SECONDS dropped, that is 120 frames!!!!

5. I have just completed a three hour test of two cameras recording a watch onto the fmu and the sd cards. There is no difference between cameras, nor between a given camera's sd and fmu.

I am trying to figure out how to get 3 hours of video onto something small enough to show Sony and you folks.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]