Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Pj Adamo

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tangier ClarkeRe: @Pj Adamo
by on May 8, 2012 at 11:46:11 pm

I will definitely download PrP , but if it's anything like FCP 7 in operation, I will stick with FCP X and FCP 7 for the meantime. I've been cutting with FCP X and love it, despite the growing pains. It is very different, but my productivity is light years ahead of FCP 7. Though FCP 7 is still may main workhorse, now when I go back to it from FCP X, it feels like a dinosaur. Once I wrapped my head around thy FCP X behaves the way it does, how its tied in to nice OS X technologies, how it leverages a database structure, metadata and how all of these components (along with plugins coming out so quickly) help me tell stories faster and manage my media better, I am confident the FCP X is my NLE of choice until and/or unless it completely fails.

Either way, i'll try out all of the new and updated apps. Getting to cut my first Red MX 4K project in X and highly looking forward to it. And for the record, I absolutely loath having to wait for transcoding on output as the primary method of exporting a la PrP. I am sure there are lots of features of PrP that I will really like though. FCP X may be a backwards step feature-wise as it needs to mature, but a huge forward step otherwise (opinion of course). Smoke's up next.

Competition is good for all of us!

Tangier

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]