Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: A little advice please...

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John FreyRe: A little advice please...
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:30:36 pm

Your video looks well-done to me - not boring considering the requirements you are adhering to. Along with many other types of video productions over the years, I also shoot action sports. I am currently involved in a Speedway Motorcycle Racing project for promotional purposes. Although I own and use several DSLR units in my business, I still use video cameras with powered zoom lenses for the majority of action sports. In the past, it was large Beta-cam units for SD. Now, it is smaller form factor cameras that are capable of 1080 60p, but with a power zoom. Low light capability is also a big deal for me, as most of the race schedule is based upon late spring through early fall night races under the lights. I use a lot of slow-motion in my edits, and quality 1080 60p is a must. I usually shoot on a custom rig that holds(2)cameras, a video camera for tracking shots and a DSLR for wider, locked down shots, with lens choice depending on available light and size of track. I end up with (2)versions of the same race to choose from in the edit. By the way, I am not up on the photo tower shooting all four quick laps of the race. I am in the infield of a small dirt oval trying to capture the dynamics from a different POV. Good Luck!

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]