FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Best cards for shooting HD on 7D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

brian klassen
Re: Best cards for shooting HD on 7D
on Apr 21, 2011 at 1:24:05 pm

I recently purchased a Sandisk Extreme Pro (90 mb/s). Probably overkill for me, but I got a great price on it. And I want to be able to shoot (RAW)time lapse at a 2 or 3 second frame rate, so wanted to make sure I wouldn't have buffer issues (have the card not be able to process the data as fast as the camera was inputing it). No problems yet. It may still be overkill. I also have a Sandisk Extreme (60 mb/s). That may have been enough. But those two (both 16gb) and an inexpensive Transcend 16gb I feel like I have enough speed, memory and options to do what I want to do.

I'm not quite technically inclined enough to crunch the numbers to know exactly what I can and can't do with the above Sandisk cards. Perhaps someone else more mathematically driven can post some guidelines in that regards. Information I myself would like and benefit from.

I always find that being thoughtful and specific about exactly what I want to accomplish leads me to an informed decision, and keeps me from buying accessories (all of them cool, and probably very useful) I don't need.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]