FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Young
Re: DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?
on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:31:03 am

I am currently in the same dilemma as you except my budget is at $4000. But for that I need everything: camera, lenses, tripod, audio.

I have almost decided on the T2 because of the price. The only things holding me back are:

- The 12 minute file limit. It scares me to think of doing a project for a speaker or a band and hoping the song wraps up soon, or the speech doesn't go long, or the person you are interviewing who is really getting deep into the subject shuts up pretty soon because it is getting close to 12 min.

-I have done a lot of research and these cameras seem to be great for films projects where you have ample time to set up the shot. I am hoping that I am able to shoot more documentary style on it. More shooting on the fly, but still get great images out of the camera.

-The 7D, although virtually the same for video purposes, has a reputation as a quality camera, where the T2 doesn't yet. Sometimes clients care about that stuff.

All that being said I am still very excited about purchasing a T2. I was saving up for a Sony Ex3 ($12,000 when factoring in all components) and now I just want to get a T2 and get to shooting.

http://www.johnathanyoung.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]