FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Sacci
Re: DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?
on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:30:43 am

first off, you need to have at least $2K for a starter system to make it close to usable for real video work. It is really hard to use that stock lens for video.

All Canons record H264 go getting around that. All Canons has the 12 minute limit, you just hit record again, not good for performances or long interviews but most film type shooting it is no problem. You convert the files before editing, there is no quality lose in that conversion per se. The quality lose happens in camera. CS5 just speeds the workflow process but if you plan to do heavy color correction you would still want to convert the files to a better editing codec. Cineform seems to be what people on PCs recommend.

You need to get Class 6 or above. Transcend are what most people recommend, they are the best value out there. 8 GB is not much, I would recommend at least (2) 16GB cards.

You export is uncompressed these cameras record highly compressed files.

That 11-16 is the next lens I get. Most people need a couple of lens, which one you need is determined by what you are doing. We have a lot of posts about lenses just look over the forum.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]