FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Cansino
DSLR budget now. Go Canon T2i or wait to go prosumer hd?
on Aug 6, 2010 at 2:13:25 am

I have about $1,000 spending range for a camera. I want to start shooting and editing film.

I am looking at the Canon Rebel T2i. Mainly because of it's price point. Currently $899 and comes with a 15-55mm lens. It does 1080p and 24fps

My questions to you videographers and hopefully filmmakers who may reply to this are:

1) Does the camera shoot only to AVCHD? And if so, does that mean I'll lose quality in the conversion for editing because I'm using Adobe CS4 on windows?

2) If I upgrade to CS5 Premiere to take advantage of Mercury editing in premiere that can view avchd without conversion worth the upgrade to cs5? AND is there still a slowness when viewing in Adobe AE CS5?

3) I read some forum threads talking about slow class SDHC cards. Question is, how much 1080p @24p video can you record on a 8gb card? I exported a 1080p flash animation of mine to uncompressed video in .mov and it was 6gb's of audio/video that was only 30 seconds. Should I be looking at a larger card? Or do you think I just exported it wrong?

4) Which do you think would get more use of in an additional lens, a telephoto lens or a Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm. I ask because I can currently get a deal on the telephoto.

5) So after all is said and done. Do you think I should go DSLR video OR wait, save up and get a pro hd cam if I intend on making a film and doing video work?

-Line

http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Art - Web Design - Flash Animation & Games

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]