FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Can someone explain why my footage quality isn't so good?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Crow
Re: Can someone explain why my footage quality isn't so good?
on Aug 6, 2017 at 9:51:25 pm

Scott, when I view the image in photoshop at 1080p the things I notice are:

1. The vignetting is waaaaaaay over done

2. yes, the image could be sharper - I'd like to be able to read the model number in the upper right (for a commercial this would be important)

3. The calculator has a weird purple blue discoloration which you can see most clearly just above and between the bottom row of buttons

4. There's also a an "extra" shadow at the bottom of the calculator that I don't know where that is coming from - the bottom of the calculator needs some more diffused light on it, in my opinion to get rid of that overly harsh shadow

5. The calculator, since it's the "hero" of this shot is about 100% under exposed to me - when I upped the brightness in Photoshop by that amount the image much improved, in my opinion

6. I'd also make the calculator larger as a percentage of the overall frame, why devote so much space to the desk?

7. Overall I'd describe the "tone" as mushy - I think the calculator, for a commercial application, should appear, bright, shiny, " technological"

I don't do product photography but I'd research that as a topic if I were to get some more detailed answers. This is not my area of expertise, I am more interested in story than I am in "pixel peeping" but I hope I've given you some things to think about for your next "shot" at this "shot" :-)

Steve Crow

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]