FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Shooting simple auditions with Canon T3i. What's the best lens?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Shooting simple auditions with Canon T3i. What's the best lens?
on Oct 9, 2015 at 4:07:19 pm

I have the same camera, but I've killed the lens. I now use a Tamron 24-75mm f2.8 zoom. I love it cuz I don't have the stopping up and down you get with zooming the kit lens. In the past, I've rented the canon 24-70mm f2.8 zoom from borrow lenses and it also worked great and their weekend rates are really great - they don't charge for weekends so you can get it Thursday, return Monday and only pay for 3 days (5 days for the price of 3). I like to pack as much as I can in the rental time frame. Sorry for the borrow lenses pitch. ;)

For auditions, make sure you have lots of even light so don't wind up squinting at the computer screen later. A camera with good lowlight is no match for lots of light - don't rely on gainy low-light - no ISO higher than 400 with that camera or 320 if you have magic lantern installed. Also, make sure sound is close - it doesn't matter if you can see the mic since you are doing auditions. I like to shoot wide shots when they first enter frame, then I tighten up to shoulders and head on either the right or left Side of the frame so they look their best.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]