FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Legal Videography Business

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Legal Videography Business
on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:28:10 pm

I've done some work for a trial/jury consulting company. They don't want to anything left. At one point they needed a camera that would record directly to DVD. This DVD was given to their client immediately after having been recorded. Then, after the client signed off on receiving everything, it was all shredded and destroyed. The company didn't want anything left. Apparently, this is common practice.

I have done some consulting and a couple depos through them and I simply recorded it all with a home DVD recorded live from my camera. I didn't even keep a tape running (it was a dvx100). They specifically requested that I NOT bring anything to my office - no copies allowed. It you have all hd equipment, run it to a converter (hd to sd) and just record the feed directly. I don't even have vhs anymore, but the client specifically requested it. Seems the courts are not all hi-tech and are still working in sd. As for copies its a basic liability thing - I'm sure there's more to it than that too. At least I didn't take my work home with me. ;)

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]