FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filmed gravel with 60D, looks wacky

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Bercaw
Filmed gravel with 60D, looks wacky
on Apr 30, 2013 at 2:47:16 am

Hi everyone, over the weekend I shot a personal project at a dig site. I've never shot anything like this before and while the footage loks great overall, there are a couple shots where I'm relatively close to coarse gravel and it develops a crazy amount of what appears to be noise (I'm pretty sure it isn't, though). Here's a shot that really exemplifies what I'm talking about:

Make sure the player is set to 1080p, and past that, the Youtube video appears to make it look even worse by making it more jaggy. That clip was the raw, not the Prores. On my computer, the raws and transcodes are smooth and normal except for the gravel and some of the bone. I logged and transferred straight off the card onto FCP7 as Prores 422. I also have access to Compressor and Sorenson but I figured I'd ask for advice before screwing with it. All I tried so far was a standard odd field deinterlace and a reverse telecine deinterlace. Odd looked the same, reverse telecine made it look worse. Does anyone have any idea how I could possibly re-encode some of these clips to remove that gravel chaos or possibly a denoiser or something?

The footage was shot on a 60D,
1920x1080,
29.97 fps,
latest firmware,
1/30, f/11-13 (don't recall specifically), 100 ISO
Canon 24-105mm f/4L with a circular polarizer

Ingested to FCP7 as Prores 422

I saw there was another thread on the front page about 60D image issues but it didn't seem to be what I'm experiencing, and Google searches came up with nothing. Your help is very much appreciated!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]