Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

bryson jones
Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo
on Jun 11, 2015 at 6:34:47 pm

Jeff, thank you.

Sam is pretty great and it's cool to hear you temper your experience taking into account the budget/price of the software.

Support is expensive for DAM systems but as you note, critically important. I think that comparing Axle, CatDV and Cantemo is challenging since they have "radically" different pricing as well and how much support is "thrown in" is a point of contention when just buying the software.

Note that CatDV pricing varies widely depending on the scale and the scope of the system and the professional services. Cantemo does as well, but we find that the initial "buy in" on a CatDV system can be smaller. This is not always a good thing, but you can get started with CatDV at a much smaller level and then scale as needed.

For instance, many companies purchase CatDV and get through the initial stages and then engage in a more involved deployment once they have a better idea of what they want to do in a larger DAM sense.

We find that many other DAM's require a much larger commitment of time and resources up front, so there's no "toe dipping" period. Again, I personally wish everyone would/could engage in a large deployment and consulting contract but we know that that is not appropriate for all clients so take that into account.

I often to tell people that you can buy a small CatDV (or Axle) system and not even use it and no one would get fired. That would not fly on a larger $100k+ DAM. When/if you need/want more help, there are resources available from your reseller, Squarebox or NSA.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]