Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Handy
Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo
on Jun 11, 2015 at 12:51:37 am
Last Edited By Jeff Handy on Jun 11, 2015 at 12:54:08 am

I'd be happy to share a bit about our experience with Axle. We have had it in service for just over a year and it's been a rocky road. I would like to say it's been great, but it's been only decent. I think you really do get what you pay for and Axle is not at the top end of the price range by any stretch. That said, what it does, it does pretty well. It really is insanely simple, like they say.

Although Sam and the team do respond quickly to emails, resolutions can take time. I find they often need reminders that I'm waiting for help. It's a fairly small group, but they have recently added staff and had a much bigger presence at NAB and will also be attending InfoConn in Orlando next week. I think that's great that they are working on getting the word out. It's a good product in a very low price range and I think it works great in small workgroups.

Unfortunately, we have grown past that and the product doesn't scale well for our use at Bisk Education. At least not yet. I'm giving them some breathing room and even looking to upgrade our licenses to allow for Adobe Anywhere integration. If we do this, we'll be doubling down on Axle. It's a risk on my part, but I really do believe in the talent of Sam's team. They really do care, and I'm confident in the new build they have coming for 2015. The new platform will soon be ported to Linux. They will also be rolling out their RESTful API. When they can get to that point, I think we'll be able to settle in for a long relationship.

I'll continue with more granular detail on my experience if you guys want to get in the weeds.

HandyGeek

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]