FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

bryson jones
Re: CatDV vs. Cantemo
on May 15, 2014 at 4:17:20 pm

Thanks for the update, and please keep us posted as to how it goes over time.

I'm curious about Cantemo as well, was it strictly price that swayed you to Axle?

As to the licensing, you can't really gripe about at the price (though you know we all will). CatDV and Axle are so far under the competition that I really don't consider that a limitation. 60 users on any DAM is a significant investment.

Speaking of investments. Are you fairly confident that you'll be rolling out Adobe Anywhere? And will that likely be in-house or over a WAN?

Knowing that it's looking to be a $50k+ solution, once you have hardware and software integrated for let's say 4 users, I'm curious as to how many people will really dig in and use it below the large broadcaster level. (For those of you curious, check the AA hardware requirement and network needs. It doesn't exactly run on a Mac Mini over wifi.) We've looked at it seriously and think that the average deployment of that product will be pushing $100k for a decent sized shop.

I love the idea and the product but I think people are really unclear about the infrastructure needed at the current time.

That all said, congrats on deploying a DAM and getting into the mix and thank you for posting your results.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]