FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Finally making switch from Color - First big Epic job with little turnaround time

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kris Anderson
Re: Finally making switch from Color - First big Epic job with little turnaround time
on Aug 14, 2011 at 10:20:31 pm

I have an Epic and shot some test footage of my kids at 96fps... just 20 (x96fps) minutes worth. It took about 2 days to process out Avid DNX185 rushes without the Rocket.

From a client pov, I would suggest you DO NOT use anything other than full debayer quality settings. That's a big sacrifice and if your client doesn't understand why (which is likely) they may just associate your work with "not full quality". Know what I mean?

If you're able to do this job smoothly, word will get around and you'll get more work. Don't forget that in about 8 weeks there's going to be a lot of Epic-X's hitting the market. Demand will go up if you're equipped and can deliver. The Rocket might be a daunting investment but it's going to make your life so much easier. Just factor a small additional cost into your hourly rate to cover it. Clients will like the words "real time Red rushes".

FYI... here's my set up:

Mac:

8 Core Mac Pro - 16tb RAM
Slot 1: ATI Radeon something or other
Slot2: Cubix PCIe Card
Slot3: HBA Adapter for RAID storage
Slot4: AVID DX Card

Cubix:

Slot 1: Quadro 4000
Slot 2: Quadro 4000
Slot 3: BM Video Card
Slot 4: Red Rocket

Once you get going it's going to be heaps of fun. I'm really enjoying getting into Resolve as it's a substantial step up in terms of features for me, especially with the ability to shoot specific things and "try stuff out" off the clock.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]