FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 12 year old new Youtuber needs support with Resolve and Shooting noiseless video on phone

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tod Hopkins
Re: 12 year old new Youtuber needs support with Resolve and Shooting noiseless video on phone
on May 17, 2020 at 5:05:07 pm

I agree that the audio is not bad. Perfectly acceptable for what you are doing. Some ways to improve the audio without investing money. Get closer. Record in quiet spaces with lots of soft surfaces. Outside works of course, if quiet, but stay away from walls, especially stone or concrete. Inside, cover floors and walls. Hang heavy blankets, put down carpet. Anything you can do to eliminate sound-reflecting surfaces.

Find and learn to use sound filters, especially normalization, compression, denoise (if you can find a good one), and de-reverb. The first two are the most important. Again, I don't know Resolve, but it has a very powerful audio app in its suite. You might want to round-trip some tracks even if you never learn how to use Fairlight for mixing.

As for the performance in Resolve, I suspect the power of your computer is probably not the real issue. I suspect it's the particular video compression and format you are shooting. Not 1080p. That's fine. Make sure you are shooting a fixed frame rate. 30, 25, or 24fps. Phone compression is also likely to be an issue. Highly compressed formats are harder to edit directly. I don't know that phone, but the easiest solution is probably to convert the native phone video to an editing format: ProRes, DNxHD, or Cineform. I'm not sure what intermediate Resolve prefers.

Here's a good article by someone who knows much more than I do.

https://blog.frame.io/2020/02/24/davinci-resolve-performance/

Cheers,
tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]