FORUMS: list search recent posts

12 year old new Youtuber needs support with Resolve and Shooting noiseless video on phone

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Prasad Narasimha
12 year old new Youtuber needs support with Resolve and Shooting noiseless video on phone
on May 16, 2020 at 3:56:22 pm

Hi,

My sons 12 and 13 have started their new channel. I have a computer with decent specs and we shoot videos on our phone @ 1080p - I used to edit 1080p 15 years back on my office laptop and did not have any issues and I find it strange that I am struggling today with a relatively powerful desktop. Not sure if its entirely due to Resolve or whether some tweaking to my settings will set things right.

Firstly my rig:
Ryzen 5 1600 six core CPU
16GB Team Force DDR4 RAM
512GB Adata X8200 NVME m.2
AMD RX 570 4 GB
Resolve 16.1 free version

I primarily shoot with my Redmi K20 Pro (snapdragon 855), copy it to my desktop and import clips into media pool - something I have been doing on other softwares for 20 years.

RESOLVE PROBLEM:
Following are the very basic edits my kids do - most clips are 2-3 mins long max and the entire video end to end would not cross 10 mins

(a) trim videos
(b) Fast forward them 2-10X (increase clip playing speed)
(c) Apply transitions
(d) Apply Titles or text

With my desktop I would assume the above tasks would breeze through - but every time we make a change - a transition, new text , change clip speed, it gets extremely glitchy (we see this red bar which has to turn blue and it takes forever). Many a times we have to wait 1-2 mins for the change to take affect and sometimes it is so bad...that we actually render it and watch the mp4 video rather than look at the preview pane

VIDEO CLARITY PROBLEM
Also since their channel is 15 days old and we aren't getting much views, I do not wish to invest in a DSLR. Today's phones should be able to shoot decent videos, particularly on a tripod - even during nights. However as you can see in their videos below - they are really bad. I dont think i can shoot RAW on my phone. I also have DJI Osmo Action. The other day I tried the flat profile during night - but again it had too much noise to make a difference. I can definitely improve my video by adding extra light on their faces..but still I feel I am doing something wrong with the basics.

Please let me know what is it we are doing wrong that is causing this frustrating editing experience on a powerful computer. Given what we are doing is pretty basic...should we go back to something simple like windows movie maker instead?

Also let me know how we can shoot decent video with our mobile phone..should we avoid night time shooting?

Here is their youtube channel where you can see how bad their video is when they speak.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]