FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Fusion or Compound Clip to Reveal Offscreen Elements Upon Transform

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Fusion or Compound Clip to Reveal Offscreen Elements Upon Transform
on May 12, 2020 at 5:22:39 am

The fact that you are working at 16k is irrelevant. You could be working at 5000k, but as soon as you send to fusion from within Resolve, it will crop.

If you are trying to punch in on 16k footage without losing resolution, you should actually be working at a smaller resolution, but telling Resolve to keep original size on the source clips. That way you are looking at a 16 image in (for example) HD. This allows you to zoom out on the16k clip to frame it to fill the screen with as much of the picture as the aspect ratio will allow, as well as zooming into the clip (all the way to 100%) without losing resolution.

But your initial problem is still that you are sending clips to fusion that are clipped at the edges. You might be able to center them all in the frame, and then send to fusion...but again, working at 16k (If i'm understanding what you are trying to do) is not going to help. In the end, you are in 16k, zooming in on 16k images....not too much different than working at HD, zooming in on HD images...now working at HD, zooming in on 16k images...that is what I think you want.

Or as I said originally, launch Fusion stand alone, and load your 16k images into an HD frame, and move around and be amazed at how much you can zoom into an image without losing resolution.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]