FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Fusion or Compound Clip to Reveal Offscreen Elements Upon Transform

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephan Mullins
Re: Fusion or Compound Clip to Reveal Offscreen Elements Upon Transform
on May 11, 2020 at 11:15:08 pm

Thank you for your reply. You are correct that both Fusion and the Compound Clip are sort of performing a "mini export" at the timeline resolution, but believe it or not my timeline resolution is 16K.

So even though I'm working with a width of 15,360 pixels, I still have elements outside the perimeter. Yes I could shrink everything to fit within the frame, but my main focal point in the center of the frame is in a 16k quality - it stretches all the way from top to bottom, but it is 13,000 pixels wide, so that leaves black bars on the side

It's these black areas that I'm adorning with some 1080p video overlays. It's just that I want the overlays on the perimeter to be outside the visual scene at first so they can be revealed upon transformation.

The purpose of maintaining full source resolution is to allow me to zoom in by several magnitudes without any loss of sharpness. So I figured, maybe some expert out there knows of a way to do it, or if there is some setting I have missed, since I am admittedly a complete beginner to this software.

If not, my workaround of compositing everything within the frame, and then doing all my edits from an initially zoomed in place, would work, but it would partially defeat the purpose of keeping everything 100% source resolution. In other words, I would be scaling down all the clips to fit them in, and, as you mentioned, upon returning to the Edit screen, Fusion or Compound Clip would export it in the Timeline Resolution.

I realize it sounds ridiculous to suggest that 16k is NOT quite enough space to work within, but when my central display feature is in fact 16k pixels, it's worth inquiring.

It would also save me alot of work, because doing it the workaround way would require programming a zoom over and over and over just to get to my "default" view.

Also, I don't have the standalone version of Fusion. I'm working in Davinci Studio 16.2 (the paid version). So far, I haven't even had to use Fusion at all, since the Compound Clip does work very nicely for what I'm trying to do, other than this little detail of the elements which are totally or partially offscreen.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]