FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: No regions in DaVinci? Then how to log footage?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: No regions in DaVinci? Then how to log footage?
on Apr 14, 2020 at 5:32:04 pm

Transcriptions have come a long way from the days of only having a word document with timecode stamps.

I would encourage you to look at Digital Anarchy's website and watch a few of their informational/tutorial videos showing how Transcriptive works. The power under the hood of Transcriptive is quite amazing.

With transcriptive, all interviews are not only transcribed into searchable text but the text is also matched to the media clips. That means you can easily search out a bite in the text and then simply click on any word and your cursor will go to that exact word in the interview clip in the source monitor for you to listen to and judge whether it'll work. It's nearly instantaneous access.

I support whatever works for you in your workflow. All I can say is that transcripts have allowed me to work extremely fast when dealing with any length interview. The ability to quickly skim through text until finding a bite that may work in the storytelling just can't be beat through any other method. Good luck.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]