FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Does the free version of Davinci resolve handle 4k Files

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Terence Christopher
Re: Does the free version of Davinci resolve handle 4k Files
on Apr 8, 2020 at 9:03:46 pm

Michael The hard drive question is difficult to answer as I have a complex system.
To play back 4K mp4 final video I have this stored on a QNAP NAS which is running 10 Tb 7200 rpm disks in a RAID 5 configuration with a solid state ? 10 Gigabyte buffer. However for editing I have an external much slower 8 TB external hard drive and the video is decompressed to Pro Res.. In addition I have a 2 TB 7200 hard drive installed by Dell who removed my new 7200 rpm /Seagate hybrid drive when I sent the machine back under warranty. I think for play back over the network the QNAP is fine though it is incapable of supporting a video player. However I am not sure about the files loaded into Davinci Reserve I assume that they are on my Dell drive. It seems to have supported videos without a problem and is an all in one configuration. I don't know how to test the set up nor to evaluate the possible problem with the handling of the codecs. It will play Netflix movies without a problem and has a screen resolution of approx 1900 X1080 though it came out before 4K, but that probably doesn't signify much of anything. I have played my 4k Clips which come out of my camera as MP4. They run without a hitch.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]