Re: Colour change inside and outside Resolve pre-grade

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ken Evans
Re: Colour change inside and outside Resolve pre-grade
on Nov 29, 2019 at 7:54:06 am

Thanks,
I'll try the rendering out of Resolve back into final Cut as a test but I did discover through a colleague who's in the colour grading game that the OSX engine that processes images from Final Cut and Quick Time (and Finder preview for that matter) are not processing it 'properly' and that the Resolve image is to be trusted as a closer rendition of what is contained in the actual file, even more so if shot with a BMD camera. The gamma is also a few 'stops' up in Resolve than it is for OSX rendering and could be what is giving it a cast, as a reduction in brightness causes more saturation in the image.

This job isn't really colour critical and I'm aware these issues have always plagued Mac systems I suppose I thought after decades it would be addressed and sorted by now. I understand there's also a thing in Resolve which corrects for Mac colour rendering and the gamma difference but then it only makes it the same on just my mac and there's even differences between them as with all electronic tools. This could already be switched on since it's obviously a Mac app and hence the slightly darker, saturated image. I also understand you can insert flags into the headers of these clips so they are rendered correctly across the different apps but I've no idea how to edit them atm. Apparently these guys make an app: https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia/

Media Manager - Master of Malt

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]