FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Resolve 16 very slow with a "good" PC

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Resolve 16 very slow with a "good" PC
on Sep 1, 2019 at 8:01:05 pm

the raid will multply your throughput. I'm not an engineer, but the more drives involved, the better the throughput. I get true 10g read speads with my Qnap which has 8 drives in it.

As Bob Zelin will tell you over at the storage forum....the tech specs might say good enough, but the real world specs will tell you different...not sure you can ever have enough throughput, especially with 4k and everthing else that people through at their footage. Different codecs and different situations will cause different bottlenecks on the system. Get a good storage setup, and use it for storage and storage alone.

My cache files go to an ssd stripe set in the qnap, and my main storage goes to one of the 3 qnaps at my disposal, all connected via 10g. (1 main unit, and 2 daisy chain expanders)

Blackmagic disk speed test is either installed with Desktop video or Resolve...not sure which one.
It shows up in Program Files/Blackmagic Design/Disk Speed test on my box, as well it has a shortcut automatically installed under Blackmagic on the start menu.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]