Video and audio timecode sync questions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Page
Video and audio timecode sync questions
on Jul 29, 2019 at 1:54:38 am

Dear friends,

I have received a project with RED raw files and separate stereo audio and was researching about a timecode sync in Resolve. I'm not very experienced in this workflow, but my assumption was since there is no scratch audio the timecodes would have to be synced while shooting. I don't know of their workflow and I'm trying to figure it out here:

When batch timecode sync didn't do anything at all I manually found corresponding video and audio files (since it's slated) and tried to do Update Timecode from Audio - LTC while having both files in the media bin, but that didn't change anything. Tried to do Auto Sync Audio - Based on Timecode and Append Tracks, but that didn't sync anything. Timecodes that show up in metadata are very different (start TC for video is 02:03:16:09 and audio 04:33:35:00). What am I doing wrong here? Could it be that it wasn't synced during production? (since it's a very low budget short film) I haven't done a timecode based sync before so maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing? I closely followed tutorials on websites and youtube but I guess the critical step here is "Update Timecode from Audio - LTC " which doesn't change anything at all for any of the video files, even if I just put 2 corresponding ones in a media bin.

If there's no timecode sync possible is my only option to manually find audio files and sync them with the slate on a timeline one by one?

Thank you very much in advance, sorry if I seem like an idiot.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]