Re: Vertical black bars messing with transitions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sue Ellen Daniels
Re: Vertical black bars messing with transitions
on Jul 26, 2019 at 9:44:11 pm

Robert,
I found that I was able to get rid of the vertical black lines by starting my project over and setting the master setting timeline resolution at 720x480 NTSC DV. My oldest film is 75 years old, so the preferred quality will never be there. When clicking the media attributes, the SD ration was listed at 4:3 which is the same as 1.333. Output blanking can be found under Timeline and clicking on it will bring up options for the different ratios, one of which is 1.333. It did not seem to make a difference for me. However, after setting the new resolution, there was still a very small box around my images. If you go to the color page, and click the icon "sizing", blanking will again come up. Also, a resizing option box will appear. I slightly adjusted the height and width and that has seemed to take care of my problem completely. From the Blackmagic forum:

"You can use output blanking, which adds the generated black bars on top of all of the images and will cover spatial extents that do not contain any useful image information.
You can use a preset or adjust this by hand in the Output Blanking mode of the Sizing pallet in the Color page.
Assuming that you are working in a 16x9 aspect ratio timeline with the 4:3 images the appropriate output blanking preset would be 1.33 (4/3≈1.333).
You can also work in a timeline that is set to the same aspect ratio as you original sources 1440x1080 if the HD-like resolution is the aim here but it would have to be rendered out at the same resolution in the end."

Computer language as well as editing terms are all foreign to me, so I am learning slowly myself. There is still much that I don't understand, that I would like to. Hope this will help you.
Sue

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]