Problems when conforming in Davinci from an Avid aaf

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eirik Nicolai Heim
Problems when conforming in Davinci from an Avid aaf
on Jun 27, 2019 at 8:20:58 am

Hi,

I am about to grade a 10 episode 20 minutes tv-series shot on a Red Epic W. I have the same camera myself and been grading it a lot, and also been sending XMLs/aafs between Premiere/FCP to Davinci with no problems before.

I have not been a part of the editing process in Avid Media Composer, and I do not have extensive experience with that NLE. I have asked for the usual, a reference file, a XML/aaf and the raw material. When I try to import the timeline into Davinci there are almost no clips online, and the few are placed in wrong places, except in the end. I have tried both importing all the material into Davinci myself before importing the timeline, and automatically fine the media. I have also tried different stuff in the conform options menu.

It seems like they have used Media Composer to make proxies. I have been looking at the metadata showing up in Davinci and compared the raw files with the mxf proxies. They both have the red filename starting: A008_C001_ but afther those 10 characters the filenames are not the same any longer. Most of the mxf then have the video and audio tracks endings after that. I can see that they do not have the same time code, and guess that that is the main problem with everything. They still have the same: Duration, Frames, FPS.

Any solution? Something I can fix in Davinci? Something I have to do in Media Composer?
It takes way to much time to manually rebuild the timeline and frame match every clip.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]