FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Do cellphone screens accurately represent what video looks like?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Dean
Re: Do cellphone screens accurately represent what video looks like?
on Feb 19, 2019 at 10:09:44 pm

Hi Duke,

Apparently you are wanting more information and you may think Tero's reply was a bit rude. I commend him in providing the shortage answer, the fewest words using the shortest words, yet still providing a factual and accurate reply, keeping the time to compose and the bandwidth to post at a very minimum. I like it.

It doesn't surprise me of the difference, I wouldn't really expect all three preview devices to display accurately as in comparison.

Just my suggestion, but if you make a LUT with the changes required to display what looks good on your TV, to your projects so it looks good on your cell phone, you can apply that LUT in the future. In other words color and grade to look good on your TV and render, then apply the LUT and render a version for your cellphone.

Your cellphone probably does a good job of displaying accurately the video you shoot with it, as it will recognize what was shot with it's sensor and codec. Not necessarily with footage from other sources.

With all the various custom settings available in various devices, I think it is fabulous that you have your small and large TV screens close!!

Best Regards......George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]