FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to log interviews in Davinci? <----newbie

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Neighbors
Best way to log interviews in Davinci? <----newbie
on Jan 12, 2019 at 4:56:51 am

I'm just checking out Davinci to consider switching over to it from Vegas Video. Much of the work I do is documentary-style short promotional videos (Intervews + b-roll).
What is the recommended approach to logging/binning interview soundbytes in an interview?

In Vegas I would open the raw interview video file in the 'trimmer' and listen to it, hitting "I" & "O" to set in and out points, then I would hit "R" to create a region and type a brief note about what was said there, maybe with one or two asterisks to indicate a great soundbyte. Each interview might have 20-30 of these named regions when I'm done going through an interview. If I drop one of these named regions onto the timeline, I could visually see the regions and their labels (the note I typed) embedded on the clip's event on the timeline. This way I can easily visually see exactly where a specific soundbyte is in my project without having to go through and listen to them.

So far I haven't really found another editing platform that can do that except maybe Final cut and I don't have a mac. I honestly can't understand how anyone can edit multiple long interviews without some way of logging them and sorting sound bytes.

Any help is appreciated.

Tim Neighbors
invisibleharness.com
FB.com/invisibleharness
instagram.com/invisibleharness

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]