FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: project settings difficulties

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Terence Christopher
Re: project settings difficulties
on Jan 8, 2019 at 9:42:37 pm

I apologise for the confusion . I have been addressing two things. 1) how to move my cache files into on place.. and away from the C drive and elsewhere to a Cache file located on my video storage drive. 2) The previous question of where this Cache should be which you clarified for me earlier. The actual structure of the cache file whether each new project should be given a subfolder in the cache file is still a problem for me as I don't know how I could identify and do garbage collection when a project is finished. Should the project be deleted when finished or just left in the file for future possible use?
My work flow is as follows. I have been accumulating videos over decades on various cameras and formats and I am now trying to clean them up and put them on a central file system. I have 10Tb of data on a Raid 6 system based on 10 Tb drives. IN addition I am adding videos I am taking on a 4K camera. These are all personal videos and not commercial ones. Currently I am working on 7 years of HD movies taken in M2t from a Sony camera in clips which I am converting to MP4 H264 for long term utility. The camera had a white balance problem so I have to correct that as well as cleaning up and editing the footage. I want to leave it all in a useful state for further editing and production if necessary. I have also to edit the sound as many settings locations were difficult and on the fly while I lacked expertise and equipment.
So it is all very simple but time consuming and needs to be neatly organised. I previously use Vegas which had many great features, but I was too busy to learn it and found the features were difficult to use as I had variations of needs both between clips and over clips and it gave little verification of the effects as they were accumulated and was oriented towards creating video discs with no guidance about encoding formats etc.
I hope I have not been too verbose, I am unsuccessfully trying to be concise
Thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]