FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: project settings difficulties

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: project settings difficulties
on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:39:22 pm

I think you have a bit of a misunderstanding of how the media works in Resolve. You are asking about the media pool, and how it is controlled, if everything is thrown into one big pile. Resolve is simply reading the media from where you have it stored. It is not copying it anywhere. You don't really have to manage your media location from within Resolve, other than making the drives accessible.

The cache's are a bit of a different story. What is your typical workflow? I'm trying to understand why you are so concerned with managing the files inside your cache folders.

Personally, i treat cache files as disposable items. I create and use them if needed to help with playback, but go back to camera origs. for final outputs. Other than ensuring my cache drive hasn't filled to capacity, i really don't give it a second thought as to how it is organized. Resolve knows where they are, and that is all that matters to me. If i delete them and need them recreated again, i recreate them.

If you are doing a ton of optimized media creation at the start of the project, you probably don't want to have to recreate them later on, but again, not really sure you need to access the raw cache files for anything during a typical color session.

Again, maybe describing your usual workflow would help.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]