FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Setup of Resolve 15

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Setup of Resolve 15
on Dec 3, 2018 at 8:29:24 pm

Like many of us did in our early stages of Resolve, you are probably thinking you need to save the project somewhere specific where you can later retrieve it...move it to a backup location, or something like that. You don't need to think this way with Resolve.

If you want to use the traditional database system, it will be installed on your system drive (unless you want to get into a different server, which i doubt you do at this stage). Find some tutorials on this, and let it do its thing. Don't over think it, don't try to put it someplace special...let it do its thing.

Or you can setup a disk database, and use that instead of the traditional database system. Same rules apply. Let it do its thing. Don't direct it to an external drive, or anything like that. Let it setup in its default location.

When you are done your project, export your project as a DRP file from within Resolve. This can easily be copied to where ever you like, and archived, and restored (sans media) and opened on another box in the future.

The database stays where it is...and yes it should be backed up and cleaned off and all that, but I think you are thinking in terms of a traditional NLE "where is my project saved" situation, but that isn't really how Resolve works.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]