FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Resolve 15 Fusion: displays linear gamma; how to understand this???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael McCune
Re: Resolve 15 Fusion: displays linear gamma; how to understand this???
on Aug 29, 2018 at 10:01:15 pm

Glenn and Tero;

Does not seem to be a DPX (or any other format) export or import issue. The Sony Slog3 footage imports and displays in the edit and color pages normally and as expected. One can color the footage in the color page, sometimes even using the Color Space Transform tool to dip into another color space for a specific purpose and then back out. (BTW, found in someone's tutorial that the ArriC-to-709 LUT shows a better 709 than the Transform 709 conversion. This LUT and many others are in the node context menu.)

Tero is probably right that a Fusion display LUT is what is needed. But I haven't found one--after trying literally a hundred combinations of Project color management settings and Fusion display LUTs.

I do understand that the manual says that Fusion takes its color space and gamma from the timeline. But I have spent many hours trying Project color management settings and Fusion LUTs with no appreciable improvement.

I believe Tero is right but the result of all of my experimentation is simply no change at all in the linear display of the image. Which is baffling in itself. Or the changes that can be made may change the displayed image but only slightly.

Tero, do you have a suggested set of settings for my situation???? That is, a log source with your Project settings for input, timeline and output color space, and gamma, along with your specific Fusion Display Lut choice???

The goal is to have Fusion show an image that is not linear. Now Fusion always displays a linear (highly expanded luma and chroma) image.

Or perhaps I am missing something basic here.

Thanks again, guys. Mike

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]