FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio mapping to soundcard interface channels

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Declan Smith
Audio mapping to soundcard interface channels
on Jul 3, 2018 at 8:21:20 am

I am having problems with trying to get resolve to monitor more than just a stereo pair. I have an FCA-610 sound interface on a Mac Pro, which has up to 10 output channels. I would like to create a 5.1 monitoring setup to allow me to mix and monitor 5.1 surround sound. In the system setup, I have configured a speaker setup, set the Monitor set format to 5.1 and assigned the channels:

Left - Out1
Right - Out2
Centre - Out 3
LFE - Out4
Left Surround - Out5
Right Surround - Out6

I have 6 mono tracks in the timeline and have used the panner to set the channels. In Lightroom, under control room, I have assigned my monitor set.

I only ever hear the left and right channels. The other channels don't get output. If I render the file to a wav and open it in soundtrack pro, the channels are all there and play through the FCA-610 as expected.

My question is how do I map the Resolve "Out1, Out2, Out3" etc to actual outputs? I have "Use System Audio" which also uses the FCA-610

One other question, How do you get the LFE channel not to bleed into other channels. Currently, LFE also comes out on the Centre channel.

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
FCPX / Adobe CS6/ FCS3 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]