FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Round Trip Canon C100 from FCP7 to DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Wielage
Re: Round Trip Canon C100 from FCP7 to DaVinci Resolve
on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:23:22 am

Yes, Michael is 100% right. I think the key is in an ideal world, every clip will have a unique file name and non-overlapping timecode,

There are timecode jam boxes you can buy or rent, at least for cameras that can accept external timecode, and that can take care of part of the problem.

For the other part of the problem, my suggestion for workflow would be to rename dozens of files that are like "C0001.MXF", "C0002.MXF", ""C0003.MXF" in folder Cam Roll 01, and instead rename them with a prefix like "061318A_C0001.MXF" for today's date plus "A" for A camera, "B" for B camera, and so on. (Michael's suggestion of "H01" for day 1, "H02" for day 2, and so on can also work fine.) There are dozens of utilities for Mac and Windows that will do this. Rename the files the day of the shoot and before the files are backed up. And then insert all the metadata in the editing program of choice or whatever you use for dailies and transcodes.

From here on, you now have files that will sort in order by date and by camera letter and shoot name. If you have a case where the file folder starts naming the files "C0001" again, then I would use a utility to manually go in and sequentially rename them to the next logical number.

There are a lot of reasons why cameras like this are bad and I don't recommend them. File organization is just a tip of the iceberg.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]