FORUMS: list search recent posts

Round Trip Canon C100 from FCP7 to DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Gee
Round Trip Canon C100 from FCP7 to DaVinci Resolve
on Jun 11, 2018 at 6:26:01 pm

I've been editing a documentary in FCP7 that was shot on Canon C100. Now, I'm testing out the workflow for doing a round trip from FCP7 to DaVinci Resolve 14.

Upon importing an XML file from FCP to Resolve, most of my clips were offline. Specifically, it was all of the Canon C100 clips. All of the news clips downloaded from YouTube and all of the Pond5 shots came online right away.

My solution to bring the Canon C100 clips online was to go back into FCP7 and "manually input the tape name into the reel column" of every clip. Also, every single clip begins at 00:00:00:00. When adding clips to the media pool, Resolve assigns time code to each clip presumably based on the time that the original file was made. My solution here was to "manually modify the time code of every clip back to 00:00:00:00" in the clip attributes.

These two manual process worked and I was successful in bringing all of my C100 clips online in Resolve. This also made my CMX3600 EDL work in Resolve as well. Surprisingly, I did not have to do any EDL manipulation.

My question is: Is there an easier way?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]