FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Custom control surfaces

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Venghaus
Re: Custom control surfaces
on Apr 12, 2018 at 10:26:15 am

Totally agree on the big box, if you have the money go for it. I would.
Totally disagree on the midi boxes at least where its about my midi boxes. Yes 99% of them on the market are crap because people think a few macros is all you need.
Most are nothing more then simple push button devices with single action marco buttons. Mine do not fall into that category.
This is 3 years development with dedicated programming , purpose build user interaction ,etc, so no not comparable at all.
And luckily my customer feedback is the same. They are baffled , because like you they think its just a play thing, untill you actualy start using it.
Regularly get mails how it changes the way they grade. This all for the APC40 version as no experience yet on the new thingy. Will see how that goes but is differently targeted , more at portable power.
Have a few that ebayed their Tangent elements after loosing so much time on all the submenus. Or begging me to implement it also on Linux Just saying.

And lastly , keep in mind the budget and target audience. Its not big facilities, A+ level graders etc. Its for the indies, small poor freelancers that dont have tons to spend, Dit's, i have a few cinematoraphers. And what you get for it. If it was not my pet project , which i just build for myself in the end, i would have stopped long time ago. Zero profit. All time and love but i guess that makes all the difference. Payment for me is the feedback i get.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]