FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: DaVinci Resolve 14.3 constantly crashing

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Russell
Re: DaVinci Resolve 14.3 constantly crashing
on Apr 2, 2018 at 5:37:14 am

I'm running 14.2 Studio. 14.1, and then the 14.2 upgrade in an attempt to fix, started crashing. A lot. I've found a correlation between the crashes and using all flavors of Prores codecs. I'm not 100% as I haven't gone back to test it, but here are the clues:

The crashing started about the time I upgraded to Studio. I thought that was it, however, recently I had allowed Apple to do a pro-media codecs upgrade. Hmm, let me try a non-apple codec in Resolve. I changed optimized media and caching to DNxHR flavors. After that, things have been working pretty well. It is now a couple of months later and the beefy Documentary I am mastering -- including a lot of editing of AE animation outputs, restorative work of archival, as well as replacements with final masters for archival and stock footage, in other words, heavily layered grading, noise reduction and use of many gpu OFX fx -- it's behaving rather well. It seems it will allow me to have Prores sources, which it then optimizes and caches as DNxHR, and it will allow me to export Prores. But I've nixed any internal digestion of Prores and Resolve's stomach seems to be feeling better.

The way to confirm is to go back and change caching then play around a bit. Haven't. But the correlation was pretty strong, and I'd done nothing else other than switch to DNx to try to fix things. (Well, I did other things -- 14.2, downgrade to Resolve, etc., to no avail -- but restored my install, so DNxHR is the only lasting change from initial conditions.)

"THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA" -

And more...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]