FORUMS: list search recent posts

DAVINCI RESOLVE ALEXA NODE WORKFLOW let me know if correct

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel Williams
DAVINCI RESOLVE ALEXA NODE WORKFLOW let me know if correct
on Aug 7, 2016 at 5:22:52 am

heres my Alexa workflow, new to davinci, but proficient. Let me know if this makes sense, in order to maximize fidelity and Dynamic range!

1. You have a first node which is just your Log image.

2. Then your next serial node is your rec 709 conversion (arris LUT). This node is the one that obviously converts the image to linear and also, brings the colors into legal range and saturation (important).. You can reduce the opacity of this LUT if you want a lower contrast image. I choose 80%.

3. subsequent nodes are localized exposure control, power windows, ect.

4. The very last node far right in the tree is your creative look/output node. The final node all this happening under. Could be as simple as a creative 709 lut you found at varying opacity. Teal shadows. Overall Warmth .. Whatever. You would also add a vignette to this final output node.

With the first node selected, You correct the log UNDERNEATH the 709 (second node) using the Log wheels and Offset, to make the 709 image balanced on the waveform. This way you preserve dynamic range, instead of converting to 709 then trying to bring highlights back ect.

Usually, you want to go through your entire time line with just the first two nodes to get each and every shot balanced for exposure using the base 709 as your output reference and viewing on scopes. So they all match.

That way you can easily slap a last creative node on the whole thing and bam.

Does this make sense??

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]