FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Resolve 12b3; fine PC but slow with 4k and hundreds of mask keyframes ???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve 12b3; fine PC but slow with 4k and hundreds of mask keyframes ???
on Oct 31, 2015 at 4:25:09 am

[Michael McCune] "would you use, as I have been using, a simple elliptical shape with feathering or would you use a more precise but certainly more demanding bezier-based shape?"

It depends. A lot will hinge on how much difference there is between foreground and background, and how hard you're hitting the face in terms of light. I will occasionally use multiple windows -- one around the person's body to bring the background down, and another window just on the face to lighten and/or sharpen it -- in order to pull the person forward into the frame. But it all depends on the lighting of the source material.

When you're trying to work fast, sometimes simple is better, and a basic oval will work fine... particularly if you have 600 shots to get done in 8 hours. If it's a :30 second commercial where you have 4-5 hours with clients, then you can have a custom shape with 17 Bezier curves on it and go crazy. I haven't seen any performance difference with different shapes, and I tend to draw custom shapes frequently unless I'm in a big hurry.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]