FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Resolve 12b3; fine PC but slow with 4k and hundreds of mask keyframes ???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael McCune
Re: Resolve 12b3; fine PC but slow with 4k and hundreds of mask keyframes ???
on Oct 10, 2015 at 11:58:53 pm

Right. These are changes I have been trying. That is, smaller clip lengths and an HD timeline, not 4k. Also, it seems that the latest 12.01 version improves memory management. Memory seems to climb--viewed using Windows Process Explorer--until the entire 32GB is used. So I save before that point and restart Resolve. Interesting in that this still takes a minute or two after Resolve quits for the "committed" ram to fall back to a normal level of about 6-8 GB.

Overall seems to be working better.

Question: for this simple case of tracking a single face in an interview format--for the simple purpose of lifting the face light levels slightly--would you use, as I have been using, a simple elliptical shape with feathering or would you use a more precise but certainly more demanding bezier-based shape??? Do you find that one tends to track better for this simple purpose??? The face of the subject does move from full left profile to full right profile, which is when the tracking needs a little help.

There seem to be few tutorials on Resolve tracking. Even Lynda.com. A couple of editing training sites may include this subject in their videos but that is not clear from their descriptions.

Thanks again,
Mike

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]