FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: How to insert a picture in a TV Set with tracking movement...?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: How to insert a picture in a TV Set with tracking movement...?
on Nov 13, 2014 at 6:12:59 pm

[Tobias Heilmann-Schuricht] "On V2 I have the image I would like to place inside the TV set image area (PIP)"

Layering the two images is a more-or-less trivial exercise, but doing it convincingly is of course the challenge. You might be most puzzled by the challenge of matching the movement of the background plate (TV set) -- which can be roughly accomplished by using the stabilization function on it, then applying (copy-and-paste) that data into the foreground element (picture you wish to insert). This isn't really what the stabilization mode is intended to do, and there are a lot of factors that will come into play that will most likely not make this the preferred method to match the motion.

There are a number of compositing applications that are ideally suited for delivering a composite like this... Motion, AfterEffects, MochaPro, Nuke, Smoke, Shake, etc., etc. What makes the effect realistic is usually tied to trying to match the original environment of the shoot -- simply pasting in the replacement video unaffected doesn't really satisfy most audiences -- you do need to mix in some optics like aberrations, reflections, and overall chromatic balance.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]