Re: Resolve won't work anywhere!!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Riker
Re: Resolve won't work anywhere!!
on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:54:08 pm
Last Edited By John Riker on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:59:55 pm

Thanks for the replies. On my mac I'm at the max I can be at. Found an article on how to switch it to allow me to adjust the size and am good there but a Mac is slow for my needs.

Assuming I can get it working on a PC, is NVidia GPU required to run this software? I know when it launches it complains all the time, however I do not spend a lot of money on GPU's because I find rendering thru a GPU has visual artifact issues compared to CPU based. My primary rendering station is a dual CPU XEON 2.65GHz (12 core) system for a total of 24 processing cores. Is it then that Resolve can't take advantage of this and requires GPU's for it's work? Not that I can even get that far as I can't even get to selecting a file on the PC but curious.

Also for reference the PostgreSQL DB won't ever install. Even running as administrator. Always fails. I'll check the minimum requirements, maybe 8.1 isn't supported or something. If there is a link to these requirements let me know. All I ever see on their basic website is a download link for Win or Mac.

Thanks.

JR

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]