Re: DCP output color confirming method.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Vedat Kiyici
Re: DCP output color confirming method.
on Jul 1, 2014 at 10:08:22 am

Hi Nat, thanks for your reply.
I brought this up with the maker of Easy DCP as well, and this is part of his reply:

In any case, even if you compare a regular 24bit screenshot with the original TIFF you should be able to tell if they use the correct gamma or not.

We are doing a cinema test, but I am looking for a reliable DCP player software to test things thoroughly before we get to the cinema. Apparently you can output the Easy DCP player to the HP dreamcolor via display port in 30bit. I will try that next.
I did manage to get Final DCP output via Decklink Extreme HD, colors/gamma looked fine on Rec709.but the playback wasn't smooth, it feels like it's jumping frames. Actually so does easy DCP player.
We did make successful DCPs and they all played jittery on our grunty computer and fine at cinema. What gives?

As for the gamma, it seems like nobody can agree on what's right and what's not. Open DCP assumes a 2.4 gamma, where as every other application assumes 2.2. SO at this point I will have to rely on what I can actually see and what I have as reference.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]