FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: DaVinci Resolve - work around for copying color without blowing away tracking.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Danny Thompson
Re: DaVinci Resolve - work around for copying color without blowing away tracking.
on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:22:02 pm
Last Edited By Danny Thompson on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:27:24 pm

Glenn, your answer doesn't really cover what Ernest is asking, he's trying to find ways to keep his matte and adjustment separate.

Making your mattes come in from other nodes is best practice when you have grades with multiple mattes. Making an outside node then inverting the input key of the outside node is one way. But for big complicated grades it's easier if you have the mattes come in from independent nodes.

http://i.imgur.com/Gfzo1Dr.png

In this graph the mattes come from the lower left and go out to everything else that needs them. They don't have grades on them and their output image doesn't connect to anything, just the mattes. I can pipe the mattes into all the other nodes that will need them. My process to get a graph like this started is:

1. select first node, shift-s to make a node before it
2. opt-K to append a node
3. pipe the matte from the new first node to the last node, move the first node lower and out of the way
4. invert the input key on the last node
5. delete the image connection between first and second nodes. connect second node to the input.

After that I can shift-s new nodes at the head of the chain in the mattes, create new nodes etc without breaking the node graph. I can add keyframes to anything without messing up the relationship between the grade and the matte. And everything becomes more reusable.

This kind of workflow is critical when you have qualifiers that have really tight tolerances, since any changes earlier in the chain can mess it up. It also makes it much easier to see what is being matted and where those mattes are ending up.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]