Problems importing an XML project which was generated in Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James Malamatinas
Problems importing an XML project which was generated in Premiere Pro CC
on Mar 8, 2014 at 5:06:29 pm

Hi,

I'm currently learning Resolve and I'm currently reading manual section regarding conforming projects and testing as I read. In this case I'm trying to import a project using an XML file I generated in Premiere Pro CC.

I've run into a couple of problems that I didn't expect. First, because I had renamed my clips in Premiere Da Vinci could not automatically find them and I had to Force Conform every clip. Is this the correct way? I had renamed the clips for simplicity during the edit, however if doing so causes problems with conforming in future I would not bother (I thought on import it would use the actual clip file-name, not the Premiere name).

The additional problems I have is that one clip which in Premiere has an opacity key applied to it gets imported into Resolve as a freeze frame, but when I remove freeze-frame from the speed options the clip disappears from the timeline. I wasn't expecting the opacity effect to get imported but I did expect the clip to remain on the timeline with the correct in/out points.

I have also encountered a clip whose in/out points have been imported incorrectly.

On the whole a not very successful first import! I'm just trying to find out if I went wrong, or if I simply need to conform in a different way?

Thanks,
James

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]