Color inconsistencies Resolve vs Quicktime player

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stepan Ko
Color inconsistencies Resolve vs Quicktime player
on Jan 18, 2014 at 12:06:39 am

Hello Cow

I know there is a lot written about this particular topic and i have tried to read as much as possible but is seems that the problem stills exists. I am working in Resolve Lite 10 on a Eizo ColorEdge CG220 from the viewer. I know this is far from ideal, but this is what I have right now and it looks like the majority of work is going to be sRGB (web) output anyway so I think it's not that bad of a setup,

The problem is that I notice quite big differences between how the footage looks in resolve viewer and how it looks once rendered in Quicktime player (Prores 4444 render so that shouldn't effect the result). It seems that in Resolve the footage looks less saturated and less magenta.

In this thread:http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6557#p41049
on Blackmagic forum it seems that the person has had a similar problem and eventually found a way around this, which is to calibrate his monitor to the working space (sRGB in my situation) rather than the monitor native colour space. I have done that, and although the footage looks closer to what it renders out there is still a fair amout of difference which is pretty annoying having in mind Resolve is a colour managed application and things like that that should not happen.

Does anyone have a solution?

Appreciate you answers

Stepan

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]