FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Your Color / Edit Suite (with windows, sunshine, and life!)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Hall
Re: Your Color / Edit Suite (with windows, sunshine, and life!)
on Jan 15, 2014 at 6:15:36 pm

This was my office for a year and a half before I moved into a theater full time. The desk is sit/stand which was wonderful (and my back never felt better for that time), but notice how it had to be behind the client couch. Only negative there was the clients could see noise detail better than I could on the 55" plasma... but all in all the solution worked well for me. There are no windows and the lights are dimmed way up in the picture obviously (and for those of you who like to complain yes the wall is 18% gray and yes there was a light behind the plasma balanced for reference white, its just not on... blah blah blah). I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too with daylight, you'll generally end up grading way too bright and without enough contrast if your display is set for 35 foot Lamberts... try it sometime, I have many times, never works right when viewed afterwards in a different environment (especially on dark content).

I think its the cave or bust for us colorists, alas. Just remember to take a walk outside every 2 hours or so during a heavy grading session (most say you should do it every hour, but good look with that with nervous clients). Helps reset the old eyes as well : )

Chris Hall
Colorist - Prehistoric Digital
Santa Monica, CA

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]