FORUMS: list search recent posts

Your Color / Edit Suite (with windows, sunshine, and life!)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Klatt
Your Color / Edit Suite (with windows, sunshine, and life!)
on Jan 14, 2014 at 9:47:30 pm

So. I am interested in the color suites that you have created for yourselves.

Anybody out there have a room that has real sunshine coming through real windows? Most of the color suites I have been in or see online are dark dungeons. It is very depressing to conceive of going back into the dungeon to sit in a chair for the majority of each workday, just staring at screens.

(If you actually proposed this scenario to someone when they were younger, they would probably think of it as some form of punishment or banishment, unless they were the sort who liked playing videogames in a dark basement.)

I know what you are going to say. You are going to say that correcting and grading requires a visual environment that is balanced, consistent, and neutral. I totally understand. It is a serious matter and it makes sense. There is no reason to hinder our ability to be confident in our grading.

But let's just say that there was a 3rd solution. One that allowed for lights to be turned down and windows to be closed when need be to make sure everything was accurate and where you wanted it to be.

I would certainly sacrifice an extra hour per day of doing a final check with the lights down if I knew that I could do my work in an environment where plants could thrive, sunlight could inspire, and skin could absorb Vitamin D.

I also know a standing desk is much healthier for breathing, circulation, posture and our nervous system.

Anyway, I am done rambling. Maybe you already have these things? If so, I'd love to see or hear about them. I think it is time to evolve to a healthier work environment for colorist, editors, and visual fx folk.
We'd be happier, more productive, and healthier.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]