FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: If they added these two new features, Resolve would simply be the best color grader out there by a long shot IMO

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Toby Tomkins
Re: If they added these two new features, Resolve would simply be the best color grader out there by a long shot IMO
on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:45:54 pm

I agree but I also think there will always be 'two more features' (-; they've done SO MUCH between 8 and 10 in two years it's incredible.

I would love to see more support for alpha. If alpha could be treated like a channel and so be treated like RGB and any node, that would indeed be incredible!

I like working with disco mattes (rgb mattes) however and then things might get complicated/too processor intensive.

Alpha support is fairly new itself and it's been great to have it, but yes it would be great if the alpha toolset expanded.

BM want DaVinci to be a fully fledged online editor and a better alpha toolset could help it leapfrog the alternatives, becoming more a finishing station like Flame and open up a whole new market for them, so maybe it's already in development! If DV goes down that route then nested node trees like in Nuke night start to become necessary! One of the strongest things about DV is its simplicity and stripped back UI. It could be hard to add all these new features and keep it that way.

Keep up the good work BM!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]